JYF Application Process
JYF in Paris: Application Process
Academic year, Fall semester, and Summer: March 15
Spring semester: October 15
Rolling Admissions. Students will be informed of acceptance as soon as possible once their application is complete. Late applications will be considered on a space-available basis.
To be considered for the semester or the year program, JYF requires completion of the online application herein including:
- A personal and academic information questionnaire filled out by the student
- A letter or recommendation from a French professor
- Official permission to study abroad issued by the applicant's home College or University
- Official transcript
- Terms and conditions documents signed by the student and a parent
- Non-refundable application fee ($50)
If applying for:
- Financial aid from Sweet Briar College JYF: The completed JYF financial aid application is due by March 15th (Fall and Year applicants) or October 15th (Spring applicants).
- JYF Merit Scholarship: The completed JYF Merit Scholarship application is due by March 15th (Fall and Year applicants) or October 15th (Spring applicants). The scholarship is based primarily on GPA, especially for French. Minimum GPA for consideration is 3.25.
- It is the responsibility of the applicant to advise all persons supporting the application that all materials including transcript and letters of recommendation must reach the JYF office by the above deadlines.
- Spring-semester applicants: because of the relatively short period of time available to apply for student visas after being accepted to the program, spring semester applicants are encouraged to submit their applications to JYF as soon as possible and not wait until the October 15 deadline.